HVA is your nonprofit, nationally accredited ambulance service. For over 29 years, residents of our community have trusted HVA to provide high quality, responsive and compassionate ambulance service during their time of need. HVA is owned by the people in the communities we serve, and we are governed by a volunteer Board of community leaders.
We provide paramedic advanced life support ambulance service in response to 9-1-1 calls for assistance in over 100 municipalities in southeast and south central Michigan. We also provide non-emergency ambulance transport in this same region, serving patients in private residences, assisted living, skilled nursing and hospital facilities. Transport can be made to any location in southeast and south central Michigan, patient condition permitting.
To arrange for non-emergency transport, please call: 1-800-872-1111
High quality and compassionate care is important to our patients and their families. HVA is nationally accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Ambulance Services (CAAS), achieving the gold standard in EMS quality. We are one of only 140 accredited ambulance services in the United States, and we became the first accredited ambulance service in southeast Michigan in 1993.
HVA also has ambulance partnerships in Jackson, Monroe, Lenawee, Calhoun and southeast Oakland counties. Overall, our staff of 600 operates 140 ambulances and mobility transport vehicles in the region.
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions:
How do I call for an ambulance?
For non-emergency ambulance transport, call 1-800-872-1111.
- Cardiac Care - Prehospital
- Dashboard - Responsiveness, Clinical Quality, Customer Satisfaction
- Electronic Patient Care Records (ePCR)
- Heart Safe Organization Awards
- Hospital Website Links - hospitals served by HVA
- EMSPlus - Our subscription membership program
- Leadership of HVA
- HVA LifeLink - Helping you stay independent at home
- Mobility Transportation (for wheelchair-bound patients)
- Paramedic Alert - Keeping Us Informed About Your Medical Information
- Privacy Information
- Stations and Service Area Map